Computer Science

Computer Science

Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 6 - Trees and a1


Assignment 1 is finished. I had to do some last minute fixes to my code which was a bit stressful but I'm glad it is finally done.

This week in lecture we covered trees. This is an ADT that is interesting to me because it is almost entirely a recursive data structure. When I look at the tree implementation code, it looks very simple and elegant because there is very little code you actually need to write. However, it would be quite difficult for me personally to come up with the tree implementation on my own.

So far I don't know where I would use trees in practice. Perhaps they are used to represent information in a hierarchical manner?

The week 6 lab was the easiest lab so far. It only required us to complete a few functions and write some test cases which was not difficult at all, although I guess I need to practice writing unit tests because I always forget how to write those.

Unfortunately assignment 2 and test 1 are coming up so I can't relax too much during reading week...

No comments:

Post a Comment