Computer Science

Computer Science

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Assignment 2 and Other stuff

I am very busy right now. I've got 4 tests next week in the span of 3 days, and a CSC148 assignment due next Thursday. Also, I have exercise 3 due this Thursday.

Luckily, I have already worked on Exercise 3 and Assignment 2 (part 2) and have made considerable progress already. Exercise 3 was quite challenging since it took me several hours to complete. At times I wondered whether or not I was even capable of completing it, but thanks to sheer will and determination, I was able to complete it. It feels great when your code works! But, it feels terrible when it doesn't...

So far, I have about half of assignment 2 part 2 completed. Again, it took me quite some time to figure out how to write the functions, but I eventually figured it out. Struggling through exercise 3 and assignment 2 made me realize that in order to solve these computer science problems, you need to be completely focused or else you won't be able to get anything done. Also, you need to be ready for failure. Very rarely do all your test cases pass on the first try, so you need to be patient and figure out where your bugs are, and not panic or else you will stress yourself out even more. 

Something I've learned throughout this course is learning how to use the wing debugger. I used to not use the debugger at all, but now I occasionally use it (with some success). 

As I write this, I am feeling quite stressed and nervous about the next month. I enjoy this course and I am definitely motivated to learn more in this course, but my 4 other courses are temporarily hindering me from working on CSC148 related things. I feel pretty good about my results in this course so far, so I hope I can keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment