Computer Science

Computer Science

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Progress - Assignment 1 and Week 5 material

I have completed assignment 1, cool.

I am fairly certain everything works the way it should. Also, I wrote docstrings, comments, and made sure the pep8 tests passed. 

That being said, I am still not completely confident in writing recursive functions. I understand the main ideas of recursion but coming up with the code to a specific problem can be tricky. The lab this week was on recursion. We did manage to get to the 'extra' problems, but then we got stuck on one of the problems. I think one of the problems I have with recursion is that I over-think the problem. Usually the solution ends up being simpler than I thought.

In lecture we covered the Tower of Hanoi algorithm and talked about namespaces. Admittedly, the content was quite boring this week. This was probably because I was able to easily grasp the concepts presented this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment